Artist Mentoring Program
Artist Mentoring Program
I am an English speaking established hyperreal painter, a retired psychotherapist,
and an artist mentor. I work with professional artists to help them move towards fulfilling their professional potential within a strictly confidential, supportive
and positive environment. I offer hour-long sessions by phone or video conference where we have
the opportunity to:
- define your career goals
- challeng and work to resolve any areas of resistance that may be preventing you from fulfilling your potential
- Do you want to get ahead in the art world but feel stuck?
- Do you question the value of the work you bring to the world?
- Do you feel disconnected and lack direction expressing your authentic voice?
- Do you endlessly search for meaningful subject matter and come up empty?
- Do you work on a piece for months only to return to it and dislike it?
- Do you suffer from anxiety, reluctance and indecision about your work?
- Do you want to learn how to be less critical?
- Do you want to learn how to take rejection in a healthier way?
- Do you find yourself in a physical or mental health recovery and need to find a fresh vision in your work?
As a mentor, my ultimate goal is to help you understand why you are in your situation and support you towards inspired action.
My service does not provide fine art education, marketing, business or legal advice.
Although I am a retired psychotherapist, the intention of this mentoring is not to provide treatment of any mental health disorder. While deep empathetic listening is central to both mentoring and psychotherapy, they are different activities. I am highly trained to get to the heart of the matter quickly. I will listen for what’s not being said and will be totally focused on you. You will never be judged in any way. I will be a safe person to discuss all relevant information and you will receive supportive feedback.
- open to self-examination, growth and learning
- open to increasing authenticity, enthusiasm and creativity
- ready and willing to think about and/or take the steps necessary to change those areas within your work that are not working for you
If you’d like to make an appointment or have questions about your particular situation or the services I offer, please complete this application form and I will contact you. My hourly fee is $200 US currency paid through PayPal. I can work with English speaking artists from all over the world.